We continue our unraveling of Psalm 139 by remembering we’re created in the image of a powerful, loving God and that we get to live our lives as reflections of that.
1. Read Psalm 139:13-18. What things in our world and life try to define where we get our sense of self from?
2. 2 Corinthians 5:15 says “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!”.
What different does believing we are each created mean to us and those around us?
3. Read Matthew 22:15-22. What different does it make in life to belong to God and bear His image?
4. Coming back to the place of knowing who we are, and stepping back into the truths about ourselves, gives us an ability to be powerful witnesses to God’s truths and His kingdom. What situations around us can we bring that hope into by speaking God’s authority and design over them?
5. Who can you remind today that they were created and are known by God? Pray for them and for the wisdom and language to do so.